The URNRD helps protect groundwater supply by providing a decommissioning cost share program. Reimbursement will be 75% of actual cost not to exceed a maximum in cost-share of $500 for all wells except $1400 for a hand dug domestic well.
- All below ground pipe and any above ground pipe or equipment must be removed. The cost incurred in this removal is not eligible for URNRD cost share.
- The well must be decommissioned in compliance with Nebraska Health and Human Services.
- The decommissioning of the well must be completed within nine months of the application approval date.
- All plugging work must be performed by a licensed well driller or pump installer.
- The cost share rate is 75% of actual cost not to exceed $500 for all wells, except $1400 for a hand dug domestic well.
- Report fill materials and quantities used to plug the well to the URNRD and Nebraska Dept. of Water Resources.
- Review decommissioning water well guidelines.
- Landowner must fill out the application form provided below and return to the URNRD.
- Approval by the URNRD will be made and Part 2 of the form will be returned to the landowner for completion by the contractor.
- The form will be completed by the contractor with information about the fill of the well. The completed form and a bill indicating all the charges will be presented to the District by the landowner.
- Reimbursement will be made to the landowner after the claim has been reviewed.